Create a Current Weather App (or similar)
For this assignment, you will create a weather app that reports the current weather conditions for the user’s current location.
The user will also have the option to search for other cities and have the current conditions for those cities displayed as well. When the user returns, her list of cities will be remembered and the current weather will be displayed.
The weather should also be updated every minute, and it should be possible to remove cities the user doesn’t want to see any more (but it should not be possible to delete the current location).
To do this you need to be able to do a number of things:
1. Send AJAX queries and get the required data from the XML results.
2. Add and remove elements from the HTML DOM.
3. Use HTML5 Geolocation to get the user’s current latitude and longitude.
4. Use Yahoo’s PlaceFinder API to find a “Where On Earth ID” for a given latitude and longitude, or for a given city search.
5. Use Yahoo’s YQL database to find the current weather given a WOEID.
Items 1, 2, and 6 will be covered in the regular readings. That leaves items 3, 4, and 5 to be covered here.
This app should also be styled so that it looks good and is easy to use on a mobile phone.