Task: Your task is to design, implement, test and document a prototype system that enables the company to keep track of its stock. Your system should provide the following functionality. It should be able to:
• Provide the facility for adding or removing a vehicle from the fleet.
• Provide information on the availability of vehicles.
• Assign a vehicle to a customer, or make the vehicle available for hire or allocate it for maintenance.
• Report on the status of a vehicle, given its registration number.
• Identify the cars that have travelled in excess of 50,000 miles and the vans that have travelled more than 80,000 miles.
Access to the facilities of your system should be via text based menus that appear on the terminal screen. All input being via the keyboard.
Paper-based submission: You should submit a single document on paper containing:
A brief statement of the problem, outline of the solution including any assumptions that you have made; a UML class diagram which describes the classes contained in the above scenario with full details, including attributes, operations, and associations.
Sequence or collaboration diagrams illustrating the functionality of the system you have designed.
• Implementation and source code:
You should provide a complete set of Java source code listings for all of the classes identified in your design. This should be printout directly from jGrasp and should NOT be word-processed.
• Test plan and Evidence of runs:
Your test plan should identify all implemented functionality, test data and the expected outcomes. Printed test output scripts (original run-output scripts from the jGrasp message window, NOT screenshots and should NOT be word-processed) should be provided, along with comments that relate the actual results to those expected.