Assignment 1 Part 1
You are required to produce the Java implementation of GUI for Agriculture image viewer component of your overall Agriculture File Storing and Management (FSM) System.
The image viewer must fulfil following requirements:
• To provide simple password logging (authentication) component: this could be achieved as simply as having the username and password string fetch and compare type of authentication component. Or we can say, at login stage each user’s username and password are compared against user’s stored details in your database. Note that it is acceptable if you have already opted for another more sophisticated design of this function.
• To provide the image search/filtering component: this must allow you via a suitably designed GUI to search your image database using least three search criteria, that are detailed below. This function could be achieved as simply as implementing a JDBC component which allows you to execute the set of SQL queries, then display the result sets as a shortlist which would be used by image viewer described below. For images search criteria you must consider at this stage implementing a database query by:
• Image name or filename
• Location of the image where it was taken.
• Timestamp of when the image was taken.
• Other criteria are also possible including combinations of the above.
• To provide an image browser/viewer component: this must allow you to implement a GUI component to choose from result set (shortlist defined above) the image to beviewed. The GUI must display the image including its associated details stored in yourimage database.
You are required:
• To complete and/or enhance implementation of your Agriculture Image Storing, Viewing and Management (FSM) Java application.
• To design and implement the enterprise web application:
• To allow you via a web browser access your image database for instance to query the database about stored images, update their metadata, and/or download images.
• To upload new images to your image repository (ie file server).
• The above set of steps is intended to guide you through design and implementation.
• The necessary Java code, relevant J2EE resource, and sql script for me to test and review your implementation