The aim of this assignment is to provide experience of:
Basic concepts of C/C++ language and Programming
• Dealing with Data types
• Conditional statements of C/C++ language
• Saving a program
• Compiling a program
• Executing the program
• Code must be properly indented and well commented.
• Follow C/C++ rules while writing variable names, function names etc
• Use only dev-C++ for this assignment.
You are needed to prepare a program for Assessment system of a University. The basic idea is to compute the GPA (Grade Point Average) of each subject and then find out the GPA of whole semester and on the basis of that GPA compute the grade and remarks.
You are needed to take the student’s marks for three subjects(English, Calculus, and Computer) as input from the user. After this compute the GPA of each subject and the whole semester. Suppose that total marks of a subject are 100 and each subject is of 3 credit hours.
Complete Assessment system is given below:
Grade GPA Marks Obtained Remarks
A 4.00 100 % Excellent
B 3.00-3.99 75-99 % Good
C 2.00-2.99 50-75 % Satisfactory
D 1.6-1.99 40-49 % Pass
F 0.00 Below 40 % Fail
• GPA for a subject = (obtained marks / 100) * 4 where 100 is the total marks of a subject.
NOTE: If user enters less than 40 marks for a subject, the GPA of that subject should be 0.
• GPA of whole semester = multiply each grade point you receive by the number of credit hours for that course, add up the totals, and then divide by the total number of credit hours taken in that semester.
For ex assume the GPA in subject A is 2.5, in subject B 2.6, and in subject C is 3. Assuming that each subject is of 3 credit hours then GPA of whole semester would be computed as:
= 3 * ( 2.5 + 2.6 + 3 ) / 9
• On the basis of Semester GPA, you have to give grade and remarks to the student
• If a student has less than 40 marks in a subject, a message should display that “you have to repeat this subject “.
• After displaying the GPA, grade and remarks, the program must ask the user if he/she wants to do this task again. The user would be given two options (yes / no). If user enters “Y or y”, the program would start comp0uting the GPA, grade and remarks again. If user selects “N or n”, the program would terminate.
• If user enters Y or y as choice, the screen should be cleared before starting the whole process again. For this purpose you could use system(“cls”) function by including header file in the program.