1) prepare down the actions taken by recovery manager during check pointing.
2) Describe the architecture of distributed databases.
3) Describe the following global, fragmentation, and allocation schemata:
Global schema: STUDENT(NUMBER, NAME, DEPT)
Fragmentation schema: STUDENT1= SLDEPT =“EE” STUDENT
STUDENT2 = SLDEPT=“CS” STUDENT
Allocation schema: STUDENT1 at sites 1, 2
STUDENT2 at sites 3, 4
(Suppose that “EE” and “CS” are the only possible values for DEPT).
i) prepare down the application that requires the student number from the terminal and outputs the name and department, at levels 1, 2 and 3 of transparency.
ii) prepare down the application which moves the student having number 232 from department “EE” to department “CS”, at levels 1, 2 and 3 of transparency.
4) Briefly describe the steps involved in transforming global queries into fragment queries.
5) prepare down the difference between structured and unstructured complex objects?
6) How do spatial databases differ from regular databases? describe the various categories of spatial queries.
7) Describe the tags used in HTML giving exs.
8) Briefly describe applications of multimedia databases.