Complete both tasks
Task 1 (1000 word max)
The languages used in the module are of a type known as high-level languages. There is another set of languages known as low-level languages.
i) Differentiate between high-level and low-level languages
ii) describe the relative benefits of each type of language
iii) Flowcharts were introduced during the lectures as these are commonly used outside the area of program design. An approach used by some authors is pseudo code. describe what this is and how it can be useful in the design of code.
iv) An essay type format can be used but supporting evidence and exs are expected and all references must be properly cited. Lack of Citations within the text may result in your report being held for consideration of assessment offence (plagiarism).
Note that exs will not be counted in the word count and appendices can be used for additional supporting evidence.
describe the relative merits of using text boxes to allow a user to enter data to select a value such as manufacturer or id and the use of a drop-down list in this ex. There are marks available for those who use a drop-down box for at least one of the options in this application.
- Outline how text boxes and drop-down boxes can be used to select an item from the XML file
- Evaluate the two approaches
- Initial design flowchart for the chosen approach
- Printout showing properly indented and commented code with meaningful identifiers
- Listing of XML file
- Print out of a sample run
- Explanation of steps to determine that the program is correct
- CD of implemented solution