1) What is the requirement of PL/SQL ? Describe.
2) What is the requirement of cursor? prepare cursor routine for The HRD manager has decided to raise the salary of employees by 015. prepare a PL/SQL block to accept the employee number and update the salary of that employee. Show suitable message based on the existence of the record in the employee table.
3) Describe the advantages of functions / procedures.
4) A PARTS file with Part# as hash key includes records with the following Part # values: 2369, 3760, 4692, 4871, 5659, 1821, 1074, 7115, 1620, 2428, 3943, 4750, 6975, 4981, 9208. The file uses eight buckets, numbered 0 to 7. Each bucket is one disk block and holds two records. Load these records into the file in the given order, using the hash function h(K)=Kmod 8. find out the average number of block accesses for a random retrieval on Part#.
5) Describe the different conditions of modification of a B-tree and a B+-tree when an element is deleted.
6) Describe the sort-merge algorithm and demonstrate its working with suitable ex.
7) What do you mean by the concurrent execution of database transactions in a multiuser system? Discuss why concurrency control is needed, and give informal exs.
8) What do you mean by lock? describe the types of locks used in concurrency control.