This project requires you to perform a systems analysis and then plan a system solution by using database software. Ace Auto Dealers specializes in selling latest vehicles from Subaru. The company advertises in the local newspapers and is listed as an authorized dealer on Subaru Web site and other major Web sites for the auto buyers. The company advantages from a good local word- of- mouth reputation and name recognition and is a leading source of information for Subaru vehicles in Portland, Oregon, region. When a prospective customer enters the showroom, he or she is greeted by an Ace sales representative. The sales representative manually fills out a form with information like the prospective customer’s name, telephone number, and address, date of visit, and make and model of the vehicle in that the customer is interested. The representative also asks where the vision heard about Ace— whether it was from a newspaper ad, the Web, or word of mouth— and this information is noted on the form also. If the customer decides to purchase an auto, the dealer fills out a bill of sale form.
Ace doesn’t believe it has enough information concerning its customers. It can’t easily determine which prospects have made auto purchases, nor can it discover which customer touch points have produced the greatest number of sales leads or real sales so it can focus advertising and marketing more on the channels that generate the most revenue. Are purchasers discovering Ace from newspaper ads, from word of mouth, or from the Web?
Make a two-page systems analysis report, in APA format, detailing Ace’s problem and a system solution which can be executed by using PC database management software. Then use database software to build up a simple system solution. Your systems analysis report must include the following:
- Description of the problem and its organizational and business impact.
- Proposed solution, solution objectives, as well as solution feasibility.
- Costs and advantages of the solution you have selected. The company has a PC with Internet access and the full suite of Microsoft Office desktop productivity tools.
- Information requirements to be addressed by solution.
- People, organization, and technology issues to be addressed through the solution, including any proposed changes in business processes.
Based on the requirements you have identified:
- Prepare an entity relationship diagram that models your proposed design.
- prepare out the SQL statements to make the database tables, relationships and populate each table with at least 10 records per table, where applicable.
- Use Microsoft Access to make a database called Ace-Auto-Dealers.accdb by using your SQL scripts.
- At last, use the database system you have created to generate data input forms, queries and reports that would be of most interest to management. The system is to support only the processing requirements described for the existing manual system. You must have:
- A minimum of 3 data input forms depending upon your database design
- The following queries are required:
problem1. Which touch point generates the most sales leads? Least sales leads?
problem2. Which touch point generates the most purchases? Least purchases?
problem3. Which sales representative sells the most vehicles?
problem4. What is the best selling make of model?
The following reports are required:
- Leads by touch point including customer information
- Sales by touch point including customer and vehicle information