Assignment: Multi Agent Systems
In an autonomous environment the role and behavior of an intelligent agent has always been an area of interest and research for distributed applications.
The assignment is regarding working of intelligent agents in an autonomous software installation environment. The uninstall/installation procedure is traditionally a resource dependant task and requires much of manual aid. Consider a distributed environment where we want to uninstall/install any software on more than one machines. The traditional practice is to assign the task to technical staff, who will not only be responsible for the preparing the environment but also fulfillment of the task. To lessen this manual dependency and effort this task could be assigned to multiple intelligent agents.
The above mentioned agent based uninstall/installation process will have given sequence of actions (for multiple agents), agents will work in given sequence:
1) Deploying agents to conduct the task in a network.
2) Identifying and accessing the destination machine.
3) Getting access to installation rights.
4) Checking the requirements/physical constraints (available space and software etc).
5) Initiating the uninstall/installation process.
6) Smooth and successful continuation of uninstall or installation process (examining the text and responding to that).
A) Analyzing the text of every installation window or screen based on two models:
- naive Bayesian model/classifier
- Bayesian belief network model/classifier
B) One by one Conduction the uninstall/installation/decision making on the base of above mentioned information however INTELLIGENTLY (selecting the suitable options).
C) Comparing the results of both the models at the end using a database.
7) In case of an unknown environment, capability of dealing with the situation (learning capability).
8) Communication and collaboration capabilities along with learning capabilities (unknown environments).
9) Change in environment on successful completion of the uninstall/installation process.
10) Moving on to the next machine and repeating the above cycle.