In this project, you would design a secure database with various tables using good relational database design techniques.
1. Using Oracle database engine, design and develop a relational database to store user information to support the large online shipping company. Information which requires to be stored includes user name, detailed mailing address, and shipping information including number of packages, weight, cost, destination, origin, and tracking information permitting users to find out where the package is, and when and who signed for package once it arrives. Other business data must be present showing how much shipment costs and invoicing capability to send bills to customers. Your design must be normalized and well-designed for scalability for extra customers and shipment locations.
2. Your design must permit for inserting, updating, selecting and deleting information
3. Trigger must be used to generate invoices once the customer reaches $200 in shipping costs.
4. Instead-of trigger must be employed to update and/or populate multi-table views.
5. You must include packages, indexes, views and other helpful database components which would assist you in your design.
6. Your scripts must work perfectly allowing creation of all of tables, triggers, views and other database components and give test scripts which shows the use of system.
7. You don't require a GUI component but your scripts must show all of the functionality of system.
1. All sql scripts and run scripts and instructions for successfully building your database and testing your database.
2. An ERD diagram of your database design showing primary keys, foreign keys and other constraints.
3. Well-written word document describing:
a. The database design
b. How to set up and test your database
c. The test data and results you used for your database,
d. Your approach, lessons learned, design strengths, limitations and suggestions for future improvement and alternative approaches, the most challenging aspects of developing this application.
Documentation format and length:
Word documentation describing and reflecting on your design and approach must be written using Microsoft Word and be no more than 5 pages in length and no less than 2 pages. Font size must be 12 point. The page margins must be 1 inch. The paragraphs must be with double line spacing. All figures, tables, equations and referenced must be properly labeled and formatted using APA style.
Header comment block,
Appropriate comments within the code,
Appropriate variable and function names, and