1) Sketch the ISO-OSI reference model and describe the functions of every layer.
2) describe the characteristics of the following in detail:
a) Wireless transmission medium
b) Wired transmission medium
3) a) describe the design issues of data link layer in detail.
b) Describe the sliding window protocol
4) Describe the pure ALOHA and S-ALOHA in detail.
5) describe the steps involved in the link state routing algorithm in detail and specify some of the benefits of it over the distance vector routing algorithm.
6) Describe how congestion may be controlled in virtual circuit subnets and datagram subnets.
7) Describe the Priority Queuing and the multi user queues.
8) Describe the process of capacity assignment for the terminal networks and distributed networks. describe in detail.
9) describe the functions of the presentation layer. describe in detail.
10) Describe the following term:
a) File transfer Access Management
b) Virtual terminal.