1) Describe the criteria to be considered in case of CPU scheduling.
2) describe a critical section problem and also state the requirements for solving a critical section problem.
3) Describe the terminology used in constructing resource allocation graph.
4) Describe the implementation of semaphores in attaining process synchronization.
5) What are the different operations which can be performed on files?
6) Describe the types of files and their functions.
7) Describe location transparency and location independence.
8) Describe how mapping of a file descriptor to an Inode is made incase of Unix operating system.
9) What do you mean by the operating system and mention its purpose?
10) prepare down the three requirements for a solution to the critical section problem must satisfy?
11) prepare down the difference between I/O bound program and CPU bound program?
12) prepare down the essential conditions for a deadlock situation to arise? describe them in detail with suitable ex.
13) Compare paging and segmentation?
14) What do you mean by an overlay? What are its uses?
15) describe the layout of a file system?