Implementing the Insurance Management System Using a Service-Oriented Architecture
1) General Information:
The purpose of this assignment is to provide you with experience indesigning and implementing an online car insurance management system using a service-oriented architecture.
This assignment continues from your analysis and design activities carried out for Assignment 1. In Assignment 2, you will be implementing a service-oriented solution for your case study based on the analysis and design for Assignment 1.
Tools and Skills: Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, Web Programming, WCF web services, ADO.NET database programming and C#.
Initially each group will implement a relational database according to the data view developed for assignment 1. Microsoft Access is recommended for your database implementation.
Each member should be assigned fouruse cases of the case study.
2) Assignment Tasks and Deliverables:
This assignment will be done in two parts: A and B. For Assignment A, each member will implement his/her use cases as a set of WCF services using .NET Visual Studio. Ideally each use case will be implemented as a separate web service.
For Assignment B, each group will implement an ASP.NET web application integrating the services developed for Assignment A. Please note that although your group will work collaboratively as a team, each member will be responsible for completing his/her selected use cases.
Implementation of Components as Web Services (Individual Work)
Assignment A Lab Demonstration:
1) Select FOUR use cases of your system.
2) Ensure that your group’s database is available for all members
3) Design and implement the required web services using WCF and ADO.NET.
4) prepare one or two test cases for each service operation
5) Run each service separately and test the operations
Development of the Insurance Management System (Group Work)
1) Develop an ASP.NET web application for the case study. Each member should implement the web interface pages for their selected use cases.
2) Integrate the services developed for Assignment A with the application using web references.
3) Perform integration testing and usability testing to ensure that there are no faults in the system.
4) Run the complete system and perform functional testing to ensure that your system conforms to the given user requirements.
5) Document your service-oriented architecture, design, implementation and testing using the template found on Moodle for Assignment B.