1) describe the implementation scheduling algorithms in OS/2 or WINDOWS in detail.
2) What do you mean by a Deadlock? Describe the essential conditions for deadlocks to occur in a system? How to recover from deadlocks?
3) Describe briefly the SEGMENTED memory management scheme?
4) prepare a detailed note on (i) Working set theory and (ii) Disk device drives?
5) prepare down the types of Interrupts?
6) What is the role of the OS as a Device Manager?
7) describe the TEST–AND-SET mechanism for synchronization of processes in detail.
8) What do you mean by deadly embrace?
9) What are the main advantages of partitioned allocation?
10) Describe the First-in-First-out Page Removal algorithm.
11) Describe about I/O Traffic Controller.
12) Describe Encryption and Decryption.
13) describe the inadequacies of simple file system.
14) What are the necessary functions of Device Strategy Module?
15) Describe the conceptual view of components of the computer system.