1) Describe the structure of the operating system and describe the different factors in designing the operating system.
2) describe the various sates of process model with suitable state diagram and describe how threads are created.
3) describe semaphore with producer consumer problem as an ex.
4) Describe the following:
i) First come First served scheduling
ii) Round robin Scheduling
5) describe what are the various methods present for inter process communication in detail.
6) What is meant by deadlock? describe bankers algorithm to avoid deadlock.
7) What is meant by virtual memory? Describe how address translation occurs in memory management unit.
8) Describe any two page replacement algorithms with suitable ex.
9) prepare brief notes on
10) Describe the different control structures used in LINUX shell.