1) Enumerate the basic functions of Operating System (OS) and describe each in brief.
2) prepare brief note on the following:
i) Time sharing system
ii) Real time system
3) prepare down the difference between:
i) Interactive & Batch Processing
ii) Multi Programming and Multi Tasking
4) What are the various services provided by an OS?
5) Define a critical section Problem and its solution by using semaphore.
6) Describe the principle of concurrency.
7) Describe the binary semaphore with suitable ex.
8) How concurrency Problems is solved with producer and consumer problems?
9) Design the state diagram of a process and label different transitions. Describe the need of process suspension.
10) describe the following terms:
ii) Dispatch Latency
iii) Context switching
11) Consider the set of the processes given in table below and the following scheduling algorithms:
i) First-come first-served
ii) Round Robin (Quantum = 2)
Process ID Arrival Time Execution time
A 0 4
B 2 7
C 3 3
D 3.5 3
E 4 5