1) What do you mean by Process? prepare down the difference between a process and a program.
2) Five batch jobs A to E appear at same time. They have approximate running times 10,6,2,4 and 8 minutes. Their priorities are 3,5,2,1 and 4 respectively with 5 being highest priority. For each of the algorithm given, find out mean process turnaround time. Ignore process swapping overhead. Round Robin, Priority Scheduling, FCFS, SJF.
3) Describe Round Robin, Shortest Job First and Priority Scheduling Algorithms with suitable illustration.
4) prepare a detailed note on Schedulers.
5) Describe Real Time Scheduling.
6) Describe User-Level Thread and Kernel-Level Thread.
7) What do you mean by Process State? Describe Process State Transitions.
8) Determine Average Waiting Time for SJF, SRTF and RR algorithm.
Process CPU burst time
CPU burst time given in millisecond. Time Quantum is 4.
9) Consider the set of processes given below with the length of CPU burst time given in the milliseconds.
Process Arrival Time Burst Time Priority
P1 0 8 3
P2 1 1 1
P3 2 3 2
P4 3 2 3
P5 4 6 4
Compute Average Turnaround Time and Average Waiting Time for FCFS, SJF, SRTF, Priority Scheduling Algorithm.