1) Describe the differences in the degree to which FCFS, RR and Non-pre-emptive SJF scheduling algorithms discriminate in favour of short processes.
2) State and demonstrate banker’s algorithm for snapshot given below.
Allocation Max Available
ABC ABC ABC
P0 010 753 332
P1 200 322
P2 302 902
P3 211 222
P4 002 433
3) describe the first fit, best-fit and worst fit allocation algorithms. Give memory partitions of 100 KB, 500 KB, 200 KB, 300 KB and 600 KB, how would each of the above place processes of 212 KB, 417 KB, 112 KB and 426 KB in order?
4) Describe the concept of demand paging and the performance issues of demand paging?
5) Describe in detail performances issues of secondary storage management?
6) Describe the file system allocation methods in detail?
7)(i) Describe the architecture of Windows NT.
(ii) prepare detailed notes on threads, exceptions and interrupts.
8) Describe about fork/exec process model and virtual file model of LINUX in detail.
9) What are the essential properties of the following types of OS.
10) Describe how OS have evolved over the years.
11) Describe pre-emptive scheduling methods in detail.
12) Two phase locking can lead to starvation. Describe how this can happen. Describe why deadlock is not possible?