You’re the school nurse at Willowdale Elementary. This morning Ms. Mathews, one of first-grade teachers, brings in a little girl to your office. Her right eye is bloodshot and swollen. The lining of the lower lid is bright red. There’s a thick yellow discharge in the corner of eye.
1. What is the most expected diagnosis, and what is the etiology?
2. What sign leads you to think that the infection is bacterial in origin?
3. How is infection treated? Elaborate. Is this situation communicable?
4. What are some of eye's natural defences that aid prevent infections?
5. Are there steps the teacher must take to prevent the spread of this infection in classroom? If so, what’re they?
Min Pages: 2
Level of Detail: Show all work