1) A cam provides the following motion to the knife edged follower
return=600, with uniform velocity and remaining is dwell period. The stroke of follower is 40mm and Minimum radius of cam is 50mm, sketch the cam profile when the axis of follower is 15mm offset from axis of the cam.
2) Describe the Klein’s construction to find the velocity and acceleration of several links in the single slider crank mechanism?
3) PQRS is the four bar chain having link PS fixed, length of links are PQ=62.5mm, QR=175mm, RS=112.5mm, PS=200mm. The crank PQ rotates at 10 rad/sec. clockwise draw space diagram when angle QPS=600 and Q and R lie on the same side of PS. Also sketch the velocity diagram to determine the angular velocity of QR.
4) Make a cam profile with the knife edged follower having an offset of 20mm for following data:
with SHM, dwell=600
return=900 with uniform velocity and remaining is dwell period. Minimum radius of cam is 50mm lift of follower is 25mm.
5) Describe the kinematic link with one ex.
6) prepare the comparisons of higher and lower pair on basis of nature of contact.
7) describe the rolling pair with one of the ex.
8) describe difference between the machine and the mechanism.
9) describe the inversion and describe the inversion of single slider crank mechanism.