1) Describe the function of computer simulation in designing a passenger car with suitable ex.
2) prepare down the advantages and limitations of mathematical modelling process in product design? Also describe any two mathematical modelling techniques applied in product design .
3) prepare down the problems you will come across during you select material to manufacturer a gear box which will be used to actuate the Robots? Describe them in detail.
4) Material has to be selected for making piston for automobiles. It can be either conventional aluminium alloys of aluminum-sicon carbide MMCs. Which one you will select. Compare them with reference to following factors.
(a) Economics of material
(b) Cost versus performance
(c) Ease of manufacturing
5) Describe the design precautions and factors to be considered during designing following components in detail. Also propose appropriate remedial actions
(a) A large size flywheel used in heavy engines
(b) A plastic moulded component used in buses.