1) What do you mean by EGR? Describe how EGR reduces NOX emissions in detail.
2) In reciprocating engine, during power or expansion stroke, gas pressure force acting on the piston is transmitted to crank shaft via the connecting rod. List the forces acting on the piston during this part of the operating cycle. Illustrate the direction of forces acting on piston on diagram of piston, cylinder, connecting rod, crank arrangement. prepare down the force balance for piston
(a) Along the cylinder axis and
(b) Transverse to cylinder axis in plane containing the connecting rod.
3) Create a small four stroke cycle Diesel engine to create 50 kW of brake power at design speed when installed in the small pickup truck. Average piston speed not to exceed 8 m/sec at design conditions. Provide the design speed, displacement, Number of cylinders, bore, stroke, bmep, and torque. Every parameters value must be within typical, reasonable values and must be consistent with other values. prepare down all suppositions you make.
4) In obscuration method of measuring smoke, prepare down the types and prepare the popular instruments with the principle of working.
5) describe Noise and describe the method of measurement of noise by using sound level meter.
6)(a) What are the effect of supercharging in the IC engine.
(b) prepare down the limitations of supercharging in an IC engine.