1) prepare down the difference between Newton law of viscosity for fluids and Hooke’s law of elasticity for solids?
2) Design pressure distribution and force on the vertical, horizontal submerged plane surface.
a) Stream function
b) Velocity potential function
4) Diameters of the pipe at a sections 1 and 2 are 200 mm and 300 mm respectively. If velocity of water flowing through the pipe at section 1 is 4 m/s, determine discharge through the pipe and velocity of water at section 2.
5) Define and describe with suitable ex of Dimensional homogeneity.
6) What is meant by kinematic similarity? prepare down suitable exs.
7) What is meant by critical Reynolds Number? prepare down the ranges of Reynolds Number for pipe flows.
8) Design flow over a Bluff body and streamlined body.
9) State specific speed of pump and prepare down the equation.
10) prepare down the difference between Impulse and Reaction Turbines.