1. Describe in detail about the selection strategy adopted for selecting a diode for the application.
2. Describe the various regions in characteristics of thyristor and describe the physics of operation behind each region in detail.
3. Compare and contrast MOSFET and IGBT based on device losses, input impedance and speed of operation.
4. Design the essential gate drive waveform for the MOSFET and give reason for the need for such a waveform.
5. prepare down the kinds of various heat transfer mechanism and prepare down their applications.
6. Describe two transistor analogy used for thyristor in detail.
7. prepare down the characteristics of the ideal switching device? Compare and contrast the various switching devices based on these characteristics.