1) Deduce equations for the multi-stage velocity compounded impulse turbines.
2) describe the following term:
a) Surging and
b) Stalling in axial compressor stages.
3) Air enters the inducer blades of a centrifugal compressor at p01 = 1.02 bar, T01 = 335 K. The hub and tip diameters of the impeller eye are 10 cm and 25 cm respectively. If the compressor runs at 7200 rpm and delivers 5.0 kg/s of air, determine the air angle at inducer blade entry.
4) With neat diagram describe horizontal axis wind turbines.
5) a) Determine the propeller diameter of a windmill developed to drive an aero generator (η = 0.95) of 100 KW output at a rated wind velocity of 48 kmph. Assume the mechanical and aero dynamic efficiencies of 0.90 and 0.75 respectively. Consider the density of air as 10125 kg/m3
b) Compute the wind velocity through the propeller disc, gauge pressures just before and after the disc, and the axial thrust corresponding to maximum power.
6) With the help of neat diagram, describe energy transfer in turbo machines.