1. What is the state of the DNA at the end of meiosis I? What about at the end of meiosis II?
2. Why are chromosomes important?
3. How are Meiosis I and Meiosis II different?
4. Name two ways meiosis contributes to genetic recombination.
5. Why do you use non-sister chromatids to demonstrate crossing over?
6. Why is it necessary to reduce the chromosome number of gametes, but not other cells of an organism?
7. If humans have 46 chromosomes in each of their body cells, determine how many chromosomes you would expect to find in the following:
Daughter cell from mitosis_________________
Daughter cell from Meiosis II_______________
8. Investigate a disease that is caused by chromosomal mutations. When does the mutation occur? What chromosome is affected? What are the consequences?