1) Why is the Hardy-Weinberg law useful?
2) Define genetic drift.
2) What factors influence the mutation rate of a population?
3) Briefly describe the difference between stabilizing selection, directional selection, and disruptive selection.
4) Why are layers of sedimentary rocks particularly useful for geochronology?
5) Choose three biomes and briefly describe their characteristics (including climate, common organisms, etc).
6) What is the difference between an ecosystem and a biome?
7) What is the role of primary consumers in a food chain? Give an ex of a primary consumer in a terrestrial and an aquatic ecosystem.
8) What are niches and competitive exclusion?