1. In demographic window, economic development is possible since:
a) the lower dependency ratio frees up capital for the economic growth.
b) of assistance from the World Bank.
c) of a big number of children.
d) of a lower infant mortality.
e) population growth.
2. describe how does Urban Sprawl take place?
a) Better schools.
b) People leave due to overcrowding.
c) People leave the central cities for the suburbs faster than population growth.
d) The population grows at such a rapid rate that there is no place to put the people.
e) Children and older age groups move out of the city.
3. Which of the given would be considered as a point source of pollution?
a) Waste discharges from factories.
b) Stormwater runoff.
c) Agricultural runoff.
d) Air pollutants washed into waterways by rain.
e) Runoff from parking lots.
4. The most water in United States is utilized by:
d) electric power generation.
e) flushing toilets.
5. What is the largest use of water worldwide?
b) Human consumption.
d) Treating sewage.
e) Cooling industrial machinery.