What is the interdependent relationship between mitochondria and other organelles?
· What are similarities and differences between the Golgi apparatus and the large central vacuole?
· What is the function of chloroplast? Include functions of stroma and grana.
· describe the function of the smooth endoplasmic reticulum and rough endoplasmic reticulum. How are their functions similar to the nucleus'? How are they different?
· Provide three unique chemical or physical properties of water. How are these properties useful to water movement in plant cells?
· Discuss similarities and differences between bulk flow and diffusion. What are driving forces behind each process?
· Describe Fick's law. How might this law be applied to osmosis? describe how osmosis is a special case of diffusion.
· What role does solute concentration play in osmosis? How does water's chemical potential influence osmosis? What role do water properties play in diffusion?
· Distinguish between osmotic pressure and potential. What organelle is related to osmotic potential?
· What role do aquaporins play in cell membrane permeability? What controls the gating of aquaporins?