1) Describe why starters are essential for 3-phase induction motor? Describe any one type of starter for a squirrel cage and slip-ring induction motor.
2) The following open circuit and short circuit tests are made on a 6000 kVA, 6600 V, star connected, 2 pole 60 Hz turbine driven alternator. If: 125A at open circuit terminal voltage of 8200 V. With armature short circuited If of 125 A and IL (line) of 800 A. At the rated load and UPF armature loss is 1.5% of the output. Find out the percentage regulation at rated load and 0.8 pf lag.
3) Describe the operation of synchronous motor as the synchronous condenser. Also describe power factor correction with synchronous motor on load by using the phasor diagrams,.
4) prepare detailed notes on (i) Synchros and (ii) Linear induction motors.
5) What do you mean by stepper motors? Describe their essential principle of operation. prepare down their applications and describe the concept of microstepping.