1) Define Hooke’s law in detail.
2) What do you mean by rigidity modulus?
3) prepare down the difference between open coiled and closed coiled helical springs.
4) prepare down the assumptions in torsion of circular shaft.
5) What do you mean by kinematic viscosity?
6) prepare down the difference between notch and weir
7) prepare down the difference between centrifugal and reciprocating pumps
8) Describe the function of air vessel in a reciprocating pump.
9) How do you categorize hydraulic turbines?
10) Describe the use of draft tube.
11) Steel bar is 0.7m long. For first 0.2m length, it is 25mm in diameter and next 0.3m length, it is 20mm in diameter and remaining 0.2m, it is 15mm in diameter. Determine the change in length, if it is subjected to the tensile load of 100kN. Take Young’s modulus E as 0.21MN/mm2.