1. Watson and Crick revealed the structure of the DNA in 1953. But the description of the DNA began 135 years prior by man named Friedrich Miescher (Dahm, 2005). In brief describe this first experiment. What cells were employed, what was his original focus, since it wasn’t DNA? What type of cells did he eventually work with and what did he almost determine?
2. Define In vivo and Invitro (include a reference).
3. Is cloning an In vivo or In vitro procedure? Discuss?
4. The recombinant plasmid was the isolated from what organism (no abbreviations genus as well as species)?
5. True or False. The isolated recombinant plasmid is division of genome of organism. Discuss.
6. Ligation and Clonging- describe vector, host cell, and insert (include a reference).