1. There are three types of pathogens that cause meningitis. Briefly describe each type and then select either a bacterial, fungal, or viral pathogen capable of producing meningitis in humans to answer the remaining problems for this case study. Provide the statistics on the prevalence of each type of meningitis in your local county and state.
2. Describe the general characteristics and structure of the pathogen.
3. Describe in detail the pathogenic process. (How does the microbe produce meningitis?)
4. What are the risk factors for infection with this pathogen.
5. What are the common methods used to diagnose infection?
6. Do these pathogens cause any other diseases?
7. List any preventative measures to protect against infection with each microbe.