Read the three study descriptions which are given below: Study 1 shows that women carry out more poorly, on average, than men perform on mathematics section of Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
1. Study 2 shows that lower-socioeconomic-status students benefit more over time from the academic tutoring program than do higher socioeconomic-status students.
2. Study 3 is the cross-sectional study. A researcher measures IQ of individuals who’re in their twenties:
Group 1: are all 20-year-olds,
Group 2: are all 24-year-olds,
Group 3: are all 29-year-olds.
The mean IQ for three groups is 103, 100, and 90, correspondingly. Results showed the highly statistically important difference. Consider whether or not the researcher can accurately conclude that people lose intelligence in the old age.
• Pick two of studies for this Application Assignment.
The assignment: (1–2 pages)
• Recognize the two studies you pick for this assignment, and describe why you picked each.
• Recognize the dependent and independent variable in each and every study.
• In brief discuss at least one other research design which may have been employed for each study to gain additional or different information.
Max Pages: 2