1) describe the benefits of the surface irrigation. describe about the ‘Border strip method’ and ‘furrow method’ in detail.
2) Sketch the “Dr. P. Irrigation”. Specify the suitability of “Dr. P. Irrigation”, their benefits and drawbacks in detail?
3) List out the factors that affect the duty? Describe each factor in detail?
4)a) 10cumecs of water is delivered to the 32 ha field for 4 hours soil profiling after the irrigation signifies that 0.3m of water
has been stored within the root-zone. Determine the water application efficiency.
b) The depth of percolation along the length of the strip at points 30m apart were probed. The observed values one
2.0, 1.9, 1.8, 1.6 and 1.5m. Determine the water distribution efficiency.
5) Develop the irrigation channel for carrying the 50 currents of discharge. Consider as 1 in 4000, critical velocity ratio for the soil 1:1 and utilize the kuttor’s reagosity coefficient as 0.023.
6) Specify various method of aligning the canal. Describe each method in detail.
7) describe what is canal fall? Describe any two types of canal falls in detail.
8) prepare a brief note on the following:
a) Marginal Embankment
b) Guide bank
9) prepare a brief notes on the following:
b) sugar passage
10) prepare a brief notes on the following:
a) Level crossing
b) Inlet and outlet