1. Greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide and methane distinct from atmospheric gases, such as oxygen and nitrogen, in that:
a) greenhouse gases absorb and then reradiate infrared radiation towards the Earth's surface.
b) non-greenhouse gases reflect solar radiation.
c) greenhouse gases reflect solar radiation back to space.
d) greenhouse gases generate heat from chemical reactions.
e) non-greenhouse gases absorb greenhouse gases.
2. The chemical that's reacting with and causing the destruction of the stratospheric ozone is:
a) chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs).
b) dry cleaning fluids.
c) carbon dioxide.
3. Which of the given BEST describes the concept of risk?
a) Hazard and vulnerability.
b) Hazard and age.
c) Age and vulnerability.
d) Hazard and behavior.
e) Behavior and vulnerability.
4. The brownish color of air in some polluted urban regions is due to:
a) nitrogen oxides producing photochemical smog.
b) sulphur oxides producing photochemical smog.
c) ozone depletion.
d) carbon dioxide.
e) soot from the industrial revolution.
5. Thinning of the ozone layer is most evident above:
b) North America.
d) South America.
e) the Arctic.