1) Describe the working of the typical gas turbine combustion chamber with neat and suiatble sketch.
2) describe the factors affecting combustion chamber design.
3) prepare down the difference between primary and secondary zones of the gas turbine combustion chamber.
4) describe the behaviour of flow in the convergent and divergent nozzle when it is function at:
(a) Design pressure ratio
(b) Pressure ratio higher than design pressure ratio
(c) Pressure ratio lower than design pressure ratio
5) prepare brief notes on:
(a) Engine back pressure control
(b) Thrust reversing
6) The data given below refer to eye of a single sided impeller
inner radius 6.5 cm
Outer radius 15.0 cm
Mass flow 8 kg/s
Ambient conditions 1.00 bar, 288K
Speed 270 rev/s
Suppose no pre whirl and no losses in intake duct, compute the blade inlet angle at root and tip of the eye, and mach number at the tip of the eye.
7) Deduce an expression for degree of reaction for axial flow compressor and prepare down the condition for 50% reaction.