1) The poisson’s ratio of the material is 0.3 and its young’s modulus value is 2.1x105 N/mm2. What is the value of shear modulus?
2) describe what is meant by the bulk modulus? Provide an expression for young’s modulus in terms of bulk modulus.
3) describe the several kinds of loads acting on a beam?
4) When shear force at a point is zero, determine what will be the bending moment at that point?
5) Specify the maximum shear stress of the rectangular cross section beam.
6) Sketch a neat sketch of Kernel of Rectangular section of 200 mm x 200 mm.
7) Why the hollow circular shafts are preferred in comparison to the solid circular shafts?
8) A solid shaft of 150 mm diameter is used for transmitting torque. Determine the maximum torque transmitted by the shaft if the maximum shear stress induced to the shaft is 45 N/mm2.
9) describe the several methods of analyzing to find out the forces of a perfect frame.
10) describe the term strain energy.