1) Describe the following given term.
a) Congruent transformation
b) Solidus line and liquidus line
c) Crystal systems
2) Design the equilibrium diagram for two metals completely miscible in the liquid state and partially miscible in the solid state. Prove how the diagram can be used to predict the equilibrium proportions of phases present for two alloys.
3) Describe the Iron – Iron carbide diagram, the various equilibrium structures present and the invariant reactions of the diagram.
4) Specify the classifications of cast iron? Describe in detail.
5) Discuss the TTT diagram for Eutectoid Steel with the help of neat sketch.