1) A pulse radar system functions at the frequency of 10 GHz having a pulse repetition frequency of 2 kHZ and a pulse width of 6 µs. Find:
a) The max. unambiguous range, and
b) The resolution or min. range.
c) Time period for the transmitted pulse.
d) Distance to the target for determining an echo 400 µs after the pulse is send.
2) Deduce and obtain the received power of the free space propagation model.
3) Develop the Optical Fiber Transmitters and Receivers. describe in detail.
4) Specify different types of the Fibers and modes. describe in detail.
5) The lowest downlink frequency for C band is 3.7GHz. Regard a satellite transmitter operating at this frequency having the goal of giving the coverage of the continental United States that need a 3 dB beam width of around 8°. Supposing an illumination efficiency of 60%, find the diameter and gain of the downlink antenna.
6) Consider a PCM TDM system in which 19 signals are to be processed. Each signal has the baseband bandwidth W = 5 KHz, and 8 bits are to be used in each word. Conventional NRZ L encoding will be used, and an additional 8-bit sync word will be placed in each frame. Find the theoretical minimum bandwidth needed.
7) describe Integrated Services Digital Network in detail.
8) describe the Digital telephone system in detail.
9) Describe the cordless telephone system in detail.
10) Specify the security and privacy policies within the cellular system.