Problem 1. Solve the following three problems of the beam ABCD. Note that A is a fixed end; B is a pin connection; C is a roller support; and D is a free end.
1) Draw the quantitative influence line for the bending moment at point A;
2) Find out the maximum bending moment that can be developed at point A in the beam due to: a concentrated moving load of 4kN and a uniform moving load of 2kN/m;
3) Draw the bending moment diagram for the beam ABCD subjected to the loading obtained from 2). (The location and magnitude of the maximum bending moment should be computed)
Problem 2. Solve the following two problems of the truss. Note that A and G are pin supports.
1) Draw influence lines for the force in bar DG (the load is moving on the top chord only).
2) If the truss is loaded by the uniform dead load of 4kN/m over the entire length of the top chord, find the magnitude of the bar forces in members DG.