1) Describe the different durability characteristic of concrete in detail.
2) Describe various structural properties of concrete.
3) Sketch neat and suitable diagrams of stress strain curves for concrete and reinforcing steel bars indicating salient points. Describe in detail.
4) Describe in detail, the different limits state of safety and serviceability.
5) Simply supported reinforced concrete rectangular beam of 300mm width and 8m effective span carries consistently distributed load of 20kN/m. By using limit state method of design with the load factor of 1.5 grades concrete and rebar as M20 Fe415 find out effective depth needed and area tensile bars, also find out the location and magnitude of critical shear force and spacing of two legged shear stirrups of 8mm diameter.
6) Simply supported reinforce concrete T beam of 5m effective span carries consistently distributed load of 35kN/m including its self weight. Web width and total depth of beam are 275mm and 500mm, respectively. Centre to centre spacing of beam is 3.5m thickness of flange is 125mm. Adopting the load factor of 1.5 find out the terms given below by using limit state method of design with M20grade concrete and Fe 415 grade debars having the effective cover 30mm (i) Effective compression flange width (ii) depth needed for maximum ultimate moment for singly reinforced section (iii) area of rebars for section provided (iv) spacing of shear stirrups. Sketch a neat sketch showing rebars and stirrups.