1. An allele that exerts its phenotypic effect in the heterozygote is termed to as being ________. That is, it masks the expression of other allele.
2. Separation of the homologous chromosomes at the time of gamete formation is what is termed to as Mendel’s_______.
3. The other forms of a gene which take place at the same locus on the homologous chromosomes are known as _____.
4. Your _____ is the physical and functional expression of the genes you inherited.
5. Chromosomes can be sub-divided into two general categories. Those comprised in the determination of sex are termed to as the ‘Sex Chromosomes’. Those chromosomes not included in the sex determination are collectively termed to as _____.
6. Why is it that siblings, who come from the same set of parents, do not essentially look alike? Give at least one possible elucidation based on what your knowledge of genetics and meiosis.