Task: Fault calculation and interruption capacity
Consider the power system described in Figure below and Table below and do the following tasks:
Figure: A given power system with one generators and 5 transmission lines
Consider transient impedances are 80% of nominal impedances of generators in the given system. The base power is 100MWA.
Do the following tasks:
1) Point out and label the location of all circuit breakers and disconnects in the circuit.
2) find out the current ratings and interruption capacity of all switches.
3) Assume a single phase ground fault occurs in Bus 3.
4) List the required protection actions, referring to the name of circuit breakers and disconnects.
5) find out the fault current.
6) Assume a two phase fault-ground occurs in Bus 2.
7) List the required protection actions, referring to the name of circuit breakers and disconnects
8) find out the fault current.