Choose one of the media articles or case studies listed below. You can pick an article from the press that cover any of the following topics:
* ICT professionalism
* Intellectual property
* Regulation on the internet
* Social inclusion
* Community and identity
* Pervasive and convergent computing
1. Use the title of the article/case study provided as the title of the essay
2. Undertake further research about your chosen topic, to assist you in analysing and discussing it in your essay.
You are required to complete the following:
Step 1. Construct a diagram using the critical analysis technique "Rationale"* to map the arguments about a moral claim that you have identified in the article/case study:
1. Include all supporting and objecting claims. These claims should include facts collated from your own research, classical ethical theories that support or object to the claim and ACS codes** that are in conflict with the claim
2. You are expected to 'finish off' the case's arguments, turning it into a valid and properly structured argument.
3. You should use information from the article/case study, other sources discovered during your research, and your own reasoned arguments. A balanced and impartial argument is the objective.
4. All arguments must obey the Golden Rule, Rabbits Rule, Holding Hands Rule and the Pyramid Rule. ***
5. The main claim/conclusion must be an ethical claim.
Step 2. prepare an essay, which maps closely to the Rationale diagram that you constructed in Step 1 ****
1. The word limit for the essay is 1,300 words ± 10%. Headings, citations and references do not count towards the word limit, but quotations do.
2. All the claims shown on the Rationale diagram must appear in the essay, and all claims made in the essay must appear on the Rationale diagram. The essay must present all the detailed information that the Rationale diagram cannot.
3. Remember to analyse the article/case study from the perspective of at least two different classical ethical theories and present well reasoned arguments for your assessments and recommendations.
Step 3. prepare an overall conclusion that justifies your recommendations made in your essay.
Step 4. Reference list
1. Include a Reference list at the end of your work, in the correct APA referencing style, corresponding to in-text citations.
2. You must include at least five (5) quality references from different sources. Please note that these five references are in addition to those provided to you through this (for ex, you still must reference the ACS code, BUT these references cannot be used as one of your five quality references from different sources).
3. Only use references that have been cited in the body of your assignment and ones that support what you have presented in your assignment.