A half-section pictorial view of a bearing pedestal is given in Figure below. Draw, full size, the following views in Third Angle projection.
(i) Front view from A
(ii) half-sectional Side view from B
(iii) Top View
Fully dimension and provide a title block.
Undertake the freehand sketches before attempting the 2D CAD drawing.
Figure given above gives a pictorial view of a cam bracket. Draw full size, the following views in third angle projection.
a) Front View taken from A – perpendicular to face “X”
b) a top view
c) a Partial Auxiliary View showing the details of the inclined face “Y”.
Supply dimensions for the inclined face only. You may remove and rotate the auxiliary view to fit all views on the A3 page. Undertake the freehand sketches before attempting the 2D CAD drawing.
Make an Isometric Drawing of the support bracket shown in Figure 3 using point A as a starting point, with the isometric axes disposed around as shown.
In the introduction, we stated that design is driven by change and need. Some of these drivers are the requirement for safety, efficiency, energy efficiency, ease of use, etc.
All the objects, appliances, machines or systems in our everyday lives have been driven by some of these factors.
You need to undertake a design analysis on the digital (still) camera. This analysis would discuss the following;-
• NEED : - What is the requirement which led to the development of the device?
• EVOLUTION OF DESIGN :- How did this device evolve from its first introduction to its present form? What were the drivers for the changes?
• MATERIAL SPECIFICATION :- What materials are used to manufacture this object? Discuss the changes in material specification and how has this improved the design?
• SUSTAINABLE DESIGN :- Discuss the “sustainability” of this design.
• MARKETING :- What feature of the design is used as the marketing focus of this product? (What would make you buy the product?)
• DESIGN IMPROVEMENT :- How will you improve on this design?
• Document the design analysis in a short report (maximum of 800 words). Please word process your report. Also indicate the number of words used in the report.