Please answer each of the following problems with a 1-2 paragraph response:
How does natural selection act upon species/populations?
• What evidence supports natural selection?
• How do new species arise from an existing population?
• How might the first life have developed on the early earth?
• How does the Hardy-Weinberg equation act as a model for changes in populations?
• How have changes in genes and gene regulation had an impact on the evolution of animal development?
• What are the major steps of animal development? How are these related to the evolution of animal body plans?
• What are several kinds of evidence for the evolution of life on earth for the last 3.5 billion years?
• How should we best visualize the common ancestry of life?
• How do organisms receive, adjust, and respond to the environment with each of the following physiological systems?
o Immune System
o Endocrine System o Nervous System
• How does the form and structure of each of these systems relate to its overall functional efficiency in energy utilization within an organism?
• How does the biological diversity of these systems give evidence of evolutionary adaptation to a changing environment?
• How do feedback systems function within these systems to help organisms maintain dynamic homeostasis within a changing environment?
• How do individuals and populations interact with the physical features and living communities that surround them?
• In what ways does all life function together as a biosphere?
• How do individuals, populations, and communities respond to changes in their environment or composition?
• How does the flow of matter and energy through an ecosystem, impact organisms?
• How is our quality of life now impacted by interactions in ecosystem.