1) What will happen to velocity ratio of belt drive when there is a slip between belt & pulley?
2) Define slip and creep in case of the belt drive?
3) Usually, the low side is kept as ‘tight side’ and upper side is kept as ‘slack side’ with the belt drives having small Driving pulley and big driven pulley? Why?
4) State the advantages of rope drives?
5) Give the four advantages of chain drive over belt drive.
6) Give the four advantages of ‘V’ belt drive.
7) What are the different types of belt drive.
8) What are the conditions under which the ‘v’ belt drive is selected?
9) A pulley is driven by the flat belt running at speed of 600 m/min and transmits 4 kw. The coefficient of friction between belt and pulley is 0.3 and angle of lap 1600. Find the maximum tension in the belt.
10) What is the condition under which chain drive is selected?