1) describe the following term:
a) Apparent power (s)
b) True or real power (p)
c) Power factor
d) Reactive power (Q)
2) describe the following terms with their units.
3) A single phase load uses 80W at 0.8 power factor. Determine the reactive and apparent power. Specify their units.
4) A resistance of 10? and a capacitor of 100µf are attached in the series across 230v, 50 Hz ac supply. Determine impedance, capacitive reactance, current and also power factor.
5) describe what is meant by inductive reactance of coil? Provide its unit. describe the factors over which it depends upon?
6) Describe the series RL circuit with phasor diagram and equations.
7) An alternating voltage is characterized by v = 141.42 sin 377t. Find
b) RMS value
c) Average value
d) Form factor
8) A coil of resistance 10 ? and inductance 0.1H are connected in series along with the capacitor of 150 µf across 200V, 50Hz supply. Determine:
a) Inductive reactance
b) Capacitive reactance