describe understanding the skeletal system
1. describe which of the following bones is part of the axial skeleton?
2. describe which of the following bones is paired?
3. describe which of the following bones contains a sinus?
2) nasal bone
3) occipital bone
4) zygomatic bone
4. describe which of the following statements is true?
1) The first cervical vertebra is called the axis.
2) The spinal cord protects the vertebral column.
3) Thoracic vertebrae have long, thin spinous processes.
4) The sacral vertebrae are superior to the lumbar vertebrae.
5) Lumbar vertebrae are generally smaller than thoracic vertebrae.
5. describe the opening in vertebrae for the spinal cord is the
1) Intervertebral disk.
2) Vertebral foramen.
4) Intervertebral foramen.
5) Spinous process.
6. describe the collar bone is the
7. describe the acromion process
1) is part of the clavicle.
2) articulates with the coracoid process.
3) forms the most inferior part of the glenoid foss1)
4) has no function.
5) has an articulation with the clavicle.
8. describe a woman pinched her phalange. She hurt her
5) toe or her finger.
9. describe which of the following statements about the femur is TRUE?
1) The head of the femur articulates with the tibi1)
2) The medial condyle articulates with the acetabulum.
3) Both the greater and lesser trochanters are attachment sites for muscles.
4) The distal end of the tibia articulates with the femur.
5) The proximal end of the femur articulates with the tibi1)
10. describe the tarsal bone that articulates with the tibia and the fibula is the